Thursday, February 17, 2011

Well, Hello There...

Wow, wasn't that blog hop with K Andrew a ton of fun? I know I had a great time hopping across the country. I also got a lot of new followers (bonus). So, I thought I would start out with an introduction.

Hello, my name is Midori and I am a stay at home mom of two teen age boys. My oldest is 16 and my youngest just turned 13 (we tell him he is only 12.1 - not allowed to become a teen). I am married to my high school sweetheart for over 18 years. We still act like teenagers as we have date night every Friday night. I am a lucky girl (shhh I am not getting older). We also have a great border collie Rocky (named after the blue Power Ranger) who is now 8. We now reside just east of Pittsburgh. I say reside as we are transplants of the beautiful state of Washington via South Carolina.

My Family :)
Now, I know I said I am a stay at home mom and my boys are my first priority but I also teach scrapbooking classes at my local store (Art-Tech Supplies) and any retreats that find their way into the area. I am also the Education Coordinator and E-Commerce Coordinator for Creative Charms. It is a wonderful embellishment company and I am having a ton of fun working with the design teams and running the websites/blogs/facebook accounts.

Now for some scrappy stuff. I am just dying to get back to my scrap table, but have been unable to due to a few health issues that will be resolved soon. Thank goodness for laptops. I have been taking some great digi scrapping classes over at Jessica Sprague's site. Her classes are so great and I have learned a lot. Photoshop has come a long way since I learned how to use it for work waayyy back in 1996. It is a lot easier to use and therefore a lot more fun. Right now I am taking the final class Digi: in Deeper. Here is the latest project:


The goal of this assignment was to work in a "Grungy" style, break up a circle into different mats and also to fill a font using a brush. We also learned how to make our own brushes using a stripe generator. This class is just way too cool.

On Monday, we start a new class Mouse, Paper, Scissors and it is a hybrid class. Just got my goodie box and I am so excited to start sharing the projects with you all.

One more thing. Want to be a guaranteed winner? Go to Creative Charms' Facebook page and "Like" them. Then send a self addressed and stamped (44 cents) business envelope to Creative Charms (PO Box 186; Wexford, PA 15090) and they will send you something blingy back! This is to celebrate the 1,000+ "Like"s on Facebook. Everyone WINS how great is that. Just make sure your envelope is post marked before Saturday, February 19th.

Have a great week!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful family. Love the layout.

    I have awarded you the Stylish Blog Award. You can go here to claim it. http://omascrafts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! I love your son's crazy hat. Too funny!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...