Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Oh Boy

How have nine month's gone by? Now it is the first week of January and I am hoping, no I WILL post at least once a week. Currently, I have been busy doing digital scrapbooking. I have recently discovered Jessica Sprague's website and started with her basic digital class Up and Running. I took a Photoshop class waaaayyy back in 1996. I have been fiddling around with my current Photoshop Elements 8 lately and decided that too much has changed and thought I would take the class as a refresher. Oh boy, I have been missing out on another world. Now, I am currently taking Now We're Rocking and signed up to take the next two Digi in Deeper classes. I am obsessed. The best part is I can sit here on the sofa with the rest of the family in the evenings and still be able to scrapbook on my laptop. I used to feel guilty going up to my scrap room and everyone else is downstairs. I now have the best of both worlds. Here is the first page I made for the Up and Running class:

Up and Running Layout #1

I also have been doing the Project 365 and I WILL take at least one photo a day for a year. Last fall at Chastity's crop at St. Peter's School in Somerset I won Becky Higgins' Project Life kit. This kit is perfect for the Project 365. It has a place for each photo and journaling cards for each day. I have this sitting downstairs next to my camera so that I have no excuse not to keep up. I also am going to take an idea from Jessica Sprague's website and also digitally scrapbook each photo on a single layout. Look for this layout next week.

Classes at Art-Tech have been slowly, but surely, been going on this last quarter. I just submitted some new classes last week to Cecilia. Hopefully, the schedule will be available next week. Here is a taste of what you missed from the last quarter:

Everything Handmade


Gift of Giving
Some upcoming classes are going to be Calendar Creations (1/19), Quilling Basics (1/26), Sweet Decor (2/2), Seasonal Scrapping (2/16), Altered Dry Erase Board (3/2), and Photo Transfer Scrapbook (3/30).

Looking forward to everything coming up this year. Oh yes...I almost forgot! I was touched this week. I finally got myself an iTouch. Now off to the apps store.

Have a great week.

1 comment:

  1. EEEK! Digi!? You've crossed over to the dark side! ;) Hehe... just kidding, your layout is AWESOME! I love the curly stem on that flower, and the way you did the journaling block.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...